Meet Dr. Paresi
Chicago area board-certified plastic surgeon, Robert Paresi MD, combines years of experience, an artistic eye for perfection, and an unrelenting compassion to create an outstanding patient experience, and exceptional results. Known for his friendly demeanor and professional rapport with patients, Dr. Paresi is truly passionate about plastic surgery. He works closely with his patients in the greater Chicago area to evaluate their specific needs and desires, and develops the most appropriate course of treatment. Whether he is performing missionary work overseas, presenting in front of other surgeons, or publishing invaluable articles relating to plastic surgery, he exemplifies the best of what plastic surgery has to offer.
Skills and Specialties
While Dr. Paresi is an all-around, accomplished plastic surgeon, he offers his patients his own set of unique skills. Dr. Paresi’s s specializes in facelifts, neck lifts, rhinoplasties, laser liposuction, tummy tucks, breast augmentations and lifts, and body contouring procedures for patients with significant weight loss. He has over 10 years of experience in cosmetic surgery and 10,000 procedures to his credit. Through the various procedures, Dr. Paresi is able to transform the body or face, providing the patient with their ideal look. No matter which type of surgery Dr. Paresi is performing, he strives to meet a patient’s needs in a manner in which safety and personal preference is of the utmost importance.
Education and Training
Dr. Paresi attended State University of New York at Geneseo where he earned his B.S. in Biology. At the University of Rochester, he earned his Master’s in Public Health. Dr. Paresi then attended medical school at St. George’s University School of Medicine, earning his M.D. in 2000. Following medical school, Dr. Paresi completed a 5-year general surgery residency at Monmouth Medical Center in New Jersey. He then completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Rush University Medical Center. Dr. Paresi finished his training at Lenox Hill Hospital/Manhattan Eye, Ear, Throat Hospital (MEETH) in New York City where he specialized in cosmetic surgery and trained with many world-renowned surgeons in the field of cosmetic surgery.
7/2010 – 6/2011 -- Lenox Hill Hospital/Manhattan Eye, Ear, Throat Hospital, New York, NY - Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship
7/2005 – 6/2007 -- Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois - Plastic Surgery Fellowship
7/2000 – 6/2005 -- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ - General Surgery Residency
8/1996 – 6/2000 -- St. George’s University School of Medicine - Medical Degree
9/1993 – 10/1997 -- University of Rochester - Master’s in Public Health
8/1989 – 5/1993 -- State University of New York at Geneseo - B.S., Biology
Dr. Paresi has the special distinction of being double board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. Since 2011, Dr. Paresi has been a reviewer for the esteemed Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal. He has 13 peer-reviewed articles to his credit, and has presented at numerous medical conferences. With his commitment to service, Dr. Paresi has served as a medical missionary to Guatemala twice to work on children with deformities, burns, and birth defects.
2/2008 - Medical Mission to Teculutan, Guatemala for work on children with congenital deformities; cleft lip/palate, hand deformities and burns.
2/2004 - Medical Mission to Nuevo Progresso, Guatemala for work on children with congenital deformities; cleft lip/palate, hand deformities and burns.
In recognition of their high patient ratings and favorable feedback on their contributed expertise, the RealSelf Top Doctor badge is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf doctor community.
Affiliations and Contributions
Dr. Paresi is proud to be a contributor and member of the following societies and associations:
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal, Reviewer
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active Member
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate – Craniofacial Association
Publications and Presentations
- Robert J. Paresi Jr., M.D., M.P.H., Robert S. Myers, M.D., Alan Matarasso, M.D. Contraceptive Vaginal Rings: Do They Pose an Increased Risk of Venous Thromboembolism in Aesthetic Surgery? Aesthetic Surgery Journal, doi: 10.1093, 2015.
- Robert J. Paresi Jr. M.D., M.P.H., Spero Theodorou, M.D., Christopher Chia, M.D. Radiofrequency-Assisted Liposuction Device for Body Contouring: 97 Patients under Local Anesthesia. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Vol. 36, No. 4, pp 767-779. 2012.
- Robert J. Paresi Jr. M.D., M.P.H., James Shoukas, M.D., Alvaro Figueroa, D.D.S., M.S., John Polley, M.D. Chapter 15. Midface Distraction Osteogenesis. In Troulis, M (ed): Minimally Invasive Maxillofacial Surgery 2011
- Robert J. Paresi Jr. M.D., M.P.H., Alvaro Figueroa, D.D.S., M.S., John Polley, M.D. Maxillary Distraction Osteogenesis. In Losee, J, Kirschner R (ed): Comprehensive Cleft Care, The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2009 pp. 955-968.
- Robert J. Paresi Jr., M.D., M.P.H., Eric Stelnicki, M.D., Ian Hegar, M.D., Christopher J. Brooks, M.D., Marcelo Ghersi, M.D., Bindu Bahuleyan, M.D., Casi Stubbs, D.D.S. Endoscopic Release of Unicoronal Craniosynostosis. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp 93-7. 2009.
- Robert J. Paresi Jr. M.D., M.P.H., Jason Martin, M.D., Alvaro Figueroa, D.D.S., M.S., John Polley, M.D. The Pubic Bone Graft: Rationale and Technique in Cleft Patients. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, Vol. 17, No. 6, 2006.
- Robert J. Paresi Jr. M.D., M.P.H., Jason Martin, M.D., Alvaro Figueroa, D.D.S., M.S., John Polley, M.D. Fractures of the Mandible. In Weinzweig J (ed): Plastic Surgery Secrets, 2nd edition, Mosby, Inc., 2010 pp. 320-325.
- Robert J. Paresi Jr. M.D., M.P.H., Jason Martin, M.D., Niki Christopoulos, M.D., Alvaro Figueroa, D.D.S., M.S., John Polley, M.D. Distraction Osteogenesis of the Midface. In Weinzweig J (ed): Plastic Surgery Secrets, 2nd edition, Mosby, Inc., 2010 pp. 226-228.
- RJ Paresi, MD, MPH, Darsit Shah, MD. “Thyroid incidentalomas on positron emission tomography; Is further workup necessary?” Surgical Rounds, January, 2008.
- RJ Paresi, MD, MPH, Darsit Shah, MD. “Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Presenting as an Enlarging Submandibular Mass in a Patient with a Lingual Thyroid” Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Vol. 132, No. 5, 2005.
- T. Herbert, P. Szilagyi, K. Hom, D. Barhorst, RJ Paresi. Barriers to After-Hours Care for Pediatric Patients. Abstract - Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, April, 1997.
- A. Persechini, K. Gansz, RJ Paresi. Activation of Myosin Light Chain Kinase and Nitric Oxide Synthase Activities by Engineered Calmodulins with Duplicated or Exchanged EF Hand Pairs. Biochemistry, Vol. 35, No. 1, 1996.
- A. Persechini, K. Gansz, RJ Paresi. A Role for Enzyme Activation for the N-terminal Leader Sequence in Calmodulin. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 271, No. 32, 1996.
"exceptional - He is a very caring and a very attentive doctor. During my cancer treatment and reconstructive procedures he was the one doctor that seemed to really care about my health and well being. He listened to ALL my concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Paresi."
"Very Good - I am very happy with my results. It is a process. The swelling didn't go down as fast as I hoped. I was able to go back to work after a week. The face numbness is still lingering after three mo., but there is no pain, some morning stiffness. All in all, it has been an experience and am happy I had it done. My doctor was very helpful and informative. I would highly recommend him and his facility ."
"Wonderful - I came in to have my leftover baby belly removed. I could not be happier with the results. I also had a wonderful experience with the Doctors and staff. They were all very friendly and very knowledgable. I felt very informed on the procedure before I had it done and felt I could call with any questions after the procedure. They were also great at checking in and following up with me after the procedure."
"Very Friendly - Staff all very friendly and helpful and I felt that dr Paresi did a wonderful job. He is very knowledgable in his job and I was very pleased."
"Great - great physician, very knowledgable in his practice. Talented, kind and understanding. Would highly recommend him to any one I knew seeking an MD of this profession. Will definitely be making a return visit for all of my follow up needs."
How to create an attractive belly button in a tummy tuck
Dr. Paresi discusses how to create an attractive belly button in a tummy tuck.Read
Technique for hiding a facelift scar
Dr. Paresi discusses the technique for hiding a facelift scarRead
Gynecomastia - Male Breast Reduction Using a Minimally Invasive Approach
Male Breast Reduction Using a Minimally Invasive Approach under Local AnesthesiaRead
The Use of Exparel for Breast Augmentation
Reducing Postoperative Pain and the Use of Narcotics.Read